Sunday, May 10, 2009

Averi Michelle Fisher

Averi Michelle Fisher was born May 1st at 8:05am at St. Ann's Hospital in Colombus, Ohio. She weighed 5lbs and 6oz and was 17 inches long. After an eventful pregnancy, Tiffany's water broke at 4am and they were off to the hospital. Averi was delivered by cesearean section and did well for awhile, but then had problems with her breathing. She was off to the NICU to help her out. So far she has been in the NICU for 1 week and 2 days. She has had several problems pop up, and we are still waiting to find out all her "ins and outs"!

Averi was diagnosed with Down's Syndrome, and that seems to be the root of a lot of her other problems. She is so cute!

She needed help with breathing only for a short while, but has had to be on oxygen off and on all week. She has also had jaundice and has been in and out of the bililights. Averi has had a lot of problems with swallowing, and on Friday she was transferred to the Children's Hospital in Colombus. They think there may be an opening between her esophogus and her trachea. Further tests this week should let us know what is going on. She also has a small hole between the ventricles of her heart, but for now, they are just going to watch how that does. It may heal on it's own. Her bloodwork has been off and they will watch that too.

For now, we are enjoying what time we can spend with her. Some days she is very sleepy and other days she is a bit more alert. We had a great visit with her this morning for Mother's Day.

We will keep you posted. I may post this without pictures for now. I have been trying all evening to download pics to facebook and to the blog and it is not working! I will add pics when I can.
This is Averi and Tiffany shortly after birth!
Here's Kaili visiting her sister when she was still in the isolette.
Dan's excited about his new little girl.

Tiffany and Kaili while still in the hospital. We sure were happy that they had such a great NICU at St. Ann's and that Averi and Tiffany were in the same place.

Grandpa Davis!!

Averi has been in and out of the bililights a couple of times. Here is her designer eyewear!

Averi was pretty alert for a few days. She is a bit sleeper again now - but growing every day!

She has had visits from her PaPa Davis, Aunt Courtney, Uncle Kenny, Aunt Cherish, and Nama Davis.

Her favorite visitor of all of course is her big sister - Kaili!! You can see the picture that Kaili colored for her.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I know that everything has not gone quite has planned, but what a blessing none the less. We will continue to keep little Averi and her family in our prayers. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I saw the pictures you had up on facebook and Averi is really precious. I know Tiffany will be a wonderful mom to Averi and we will keep them in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Melanie and Glenn! I love the name Averi!

    She is so precious...I love the pictures! We will keep your beautiful grandaughter in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you don't know me - I am Tiffany's visiting teacher at church. I wandered into your blog from hers! I'm a blog-hopper I guess. Anyway, Averi is just gorgeous! I haven't gotten a chance to meet her yet, but hopefully I can go out the beginning of next week to see her. I've talked to Tiffany, but I will say it to you as well - please let me know if they have any needs I can help with! From meals to rides to whatever - I am here! My e-mail is saraemily@haleycomptuers.com - just let me know if anything is needed! :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a precious tiny sweetheart. We're praying for your family and Averi, and hope she gets to come home soon! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete