Sunday, October 4, 2009

Homecoming Dance

I have been promising myself for several weeks that I would get some updates to my blog. I thought I would start with where we are now and possibly catch some past activities later! Courtney started High School this year and along with that - all the High School activities. She is still doing competition dance team and piano, but now she is also in the marching band, has a lot more homework, and goes to Seminary Book of Mormon class at 6am every school day! She keeps busy to say the least, and so do we.


She's not old enough to date, so she went to the Homecoming Dance with some girlfriends. I got to make her dress. It is always hard to find time to sew, but I do love working with my daughters on their special occasion dresses. We had actually picked out this fabric, etc in April to make a dress to wear the a church formal dance, but when Tiffany's little one, Averi came early and was in the NICU for 7 weeks, we didn't get around to making a dress. The skirt has several layers, plus netting, the top was a beaded top that had come with a skirt I used for Kenny's wedding, and we made the jacket. Here is the whole ensemble.






Here's the back.




And here is the Courtney we all know and love!!!



2 comments:

  1. Wow! Courtney looks so old! How come I never looked my age? I'm lovin the last pic. You did a great job with that dress mom, it is very pretty! I sure miss those last minute sewing projects ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, that dress looks beautiful and WHOA...Courtney is so grown up and so, so, gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the last picture because it shows she has a sense of humor, too.

    I can't believe she is so old. I mean, I haven't aged a bit...how did she?

    Remember when Courtney used to go with us to visit teach and hold Evan's hand while he was in his car seat. Ah, memories.

    ReplyDelete